Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

Work is an Important Part of Childhood


I strive to bring a playfulness to all we do, including our work.  We bring in songs while we work.  We make up games. Sometimes the focus on the activity at hand is all that is needed to love what one is doing.  Above all, I do my best to be worthy of a child's imitation.  Anything & everything that I do, I know will live deeply into the children that are in my presence, so I bring consciousness to my actions & my words.

Using real tools, allows the children to directly imitate working adults & also work on fine motor skills- screwdrivers, hammers, screws, nails, sand paper & hand saws are available in our tool box.  
We spend a lot of time in the kitchen preparing healthy meals.  We make bread from scratch, raw fruits & vegetables keep us cool in the summer & warming soups abound in the winter.  On this special occasion, we even used fruits & vegetables to create our own food coloring
We care for the earth.  Everyone tends to the work that needs to be done outside from carrying out compost, spreading pinestraw, gardening and more.


No comments:

Post a Comment